Are you vying for a job at the Federal Bureau of Investigation? Before you learn about the FBI pre employment medical screening, here are the factors that can disqualify you for an FBI employment.
Like most companies, FBI will not hire candidates who have:
• Used illegal drugs, violating the FBI Employment Drug Policy
• Been convicted of a felony
• Been defaulted of a student loan from the US Government
• Failed a urinalysis drug text
• Failed to register with the selective service system for male applicants
Note that even if only one applies to you, you are not eligible for employment with the FBI. Also, notice that drug screening or FBI pre employment medical screening is twice mentioned as part of the disqualification factors. Thus, the FBI pre employment medical screening is one of the most stringent tests that you will have to submit yourself to. Drug tests may vary depending on the company. However, the FBI has stricter or tighter criteria that they can verify and check through thorough tests and background checks, etc. Here are the criteria that the FBI has provided in their official website exactly as it is stated:
• Have used any illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991), other than marijuana, within the past ten years, or engaged in more than minimal experimentation in their lifetime. In making the determination about an applicant’s suitability for FBI employment, all relevant facts, including the frequency of use, will be evaluated.
• Have used marijuana/cannabis within the past three years, or have extensively used marijuana/cannabis or over a substantial period of time. In making the determination about an applicant’s suitability for FBI employment, all relevant facts, including the recency and frequency of use, will be evaluated.
If even only one applies to you, you will not be considered for FBI employment. At the same time, you cannot try to hide these things because the FBI has the ability to check.
Now another part of the FBI pre employment medical screening is the medical exam itself. Note that upon application, employees are requested to fill up different forms also called the background investigation forms. One of these forms is about the medical history of the applicant. This form is the SF-83 Report of Medical History.
This forms part of the FBI pre employment medical screening. Note that this form is only required for certain positions with FFD requirement of Fit For Duty. These positions are FBI police offers, surveillance groups, evident response team, materials response unit, special agents, investigative specialists, electronic technicians, latent fingerprints specialists, and latent fingerprint photographers.
The FBI pre employment medical screening will provide a report on the present health, allergies, vital statistics, current medication, past or current medical history, immunizations, and questions that relate to medical history.