American General Financial Services provides a wide number of loans, credit products and retail financial options to people across the United States in 45 states as well as the Virgin Island and Puerto Rico. The American General Financial Services has been in business since 1920 and opened its first office in Evansville, Indiana. The five major products and services provided by American General Financial Services include:
• Consumer Lending – American General Financial Services provides both secured and unsecured loans for consumers. There is a convenient online application that will allow you to know exactly how much you can qualify for in just a few minutes. The benefit of a consumer lending loan from American General Financial Services is that they will work with you on a reasonable and flexible return payment plan that will meet your budget restrictions.
• Mortgages – these can be first or second mortgages and can be on a variety of different types of properties and real estate investments. American General Financial Services also offers a partial or full mortgage purchase which will allow the home owner immediate access to cash that would have been owed through a first or second mortgage. There may be additional tax benefits in this option, especially if the home purchaser has a good mortgage rate.
• Home equity lines of credit – this allows home owners to obtain credit based on the amount of “equity” they have built up in their house. This is determined by having the house appraised, then comparing that to the amount that is still owed on the property. The difference in these numbers then can be used as a secured home equity loan. There is usually a lower interest rate on home equity lines of credit simply because the already paid for part of the property is considered a very secure collateral for the loan. There may also be additional tax benefits to a home equity line of credit, plus there is unlimited or unrestricted access to the amount in the line of credit for the borrower.
• Retail sales financing – many retail stores, including automobile dealers, work through American General Financial Services to offer financing to their customers. This helps the customers pay for items over time, plus also helps the retail boost sales and customer satisfaction. Approval is quick, simple and easy as the retail stores can apply for the customer financing through a simple online site that is secure. Customers will know if they qualify for financing within a very short period of time.
• Corporate development – corporate development includes helping corporations understand the risk in investments and development and generate sound financial solutions that will maximize growth and returns.