In order to stop foreclosure now, you have to decide what the outcome you want is. The process of foreclosure is a process that includes the property owner either allowing the home to be taken by the bank or the bank to take it because of nonpayment, but throughout that process, there are methods to getting back on track too. As a homeowner, you need to determine if:
• You want the home to be lost to foreclosure which means you will have a black mark on your credit for some time and will lose the home
• You want to stay in the home and get caught back up on the loan or otherwise keep making payments on the loan
• You want to sell the home, therefore preserving your credit and hopefully giving you some money to put towards the purchase of a more affordable option
Determine which of these options you want to use to stop foreclosure now. One of the best ways to get a fast result is in fact to stop foreclosure now with a refinance of your loan. When you refinance the loan, you take the loan and shake it up, so to speak. You can on a new loan, with new loan terms and interest rates to repay the old loan. This method will stop foreclosure now because it will replace the existing troublesome loan. In the process, it helps you to free up your debt while still staying in your home.
Can you stop foreclosure now with a refinance of your loan?
• Talk to your current lender to find out if they are willing to help you refinance the loan to new terms. A fixed rate loan is often the best way to cut down on the amount of change in your payment over time. Additionally, extending the loan’s terms to a longer number of years will make monthly payments lower.
• Determine if you can refinance the home loan. Some loans have prepayment penalties on them. If your lender is unwilling to forgo this option, it could be costly to you
• Be sure that the home is still worth the amount of money you owe on the home. This allows the bank to consider refinance. If you owe more on your home than it is worth, they may not be able to help.
You can stop foreclosure now by considering refinancing the loan either through your existing lender or through another one. Take time to consider this fast option to getting your home out of foreclosure and back under your control.